Monday, August 23, 2010

Hofbrau Hefe-Weizen

5.1% abv
11.2oz bottle
Staatliches Hofbrauhaus
Munchen, Germany

The name of this beer is actually Hofbrau Munchner Weisse. Hefe Weizen is a regional name for this beer.

This hefe pours a hazy pale yellow color with a fine white foamy head. The aroma is pure hefe weizen. Pleasant spice, clove, wheat, and grains dance on the palate. The taste should please most hefe weizen lovers. The clove and spice level is just right. The wheat and yeasty flavors are delicious. There a nice sweetness to the malts and there is also a slight lemon citrus profile coming from the hops. There is a soft banana note in the background. This is a wonderful complex hefe weizen.

Once I am out of here I am buying a six pack to go back home with.

This is a perfect hefe weizen for my summertime enjoyment.

My wife bought the hefe on tap and I got the bottle.  The hefe on tap looked like a filtered hefe weizen.  There was no hazy look nor a strong wheat flavor.  The bottle of course had all the sediment and when poured properly from the bottle it is just plain tasty.



Next day: Just picked up a six pack. I sure wish the blond on the box was here in Grindstone City serving me this hefe – the day would be perfect then.

No comments:

Post a Comment