Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Big Wave Golden Ale Review

Kona Brewing Company
Kona, Hawaii


4.4% abv
12oz bottle
$9.99 a six pack
Also listed on the bottle for brewing facilities:
Portland, OR; Woodinville, WA; Portsmouth, NH


The bottle has a great label and nice embossing on the glass. (I hope my bad photo work can pick that out)  If this beer is any good it may find a regular spot in my beer fridge for I have a Tiki décor in my basement. 

The State of Hawaii is embossed on the bottle 

'Liquid Aloha' is embossed

Appearance: neon golden body with a one finger white head that did not stay around long and not much on the lacing front.


Aroma: bright aromatic hops; floral and fruity;

Flavors: floral; citrus – reminds me of orange with a touch of grapefruit; there is a little white bread under the floral and citrus notes; soft grassy bitterness on the finish;


Mouthfeel: smooth, crisp, and refreshing; easy to drink; active carbonation; light body; light lingering bitterness on the aftertaste;

To the Point: fairly simple; light; should be pleasing on a nice summer day; I would serve this if I was having a party in the Tiki basement; great packaging;


No comments:

Post a Comment