Friday, November 12, 2010

Kapittel Blond and Troubadour Blond vs. Oliva Serie 'G' Cameroon

Oliva Serie ‘G’ vs The Belgian Blonds
{Reposted from cigarpostings2 blog: dated 2-19-10}

The Cameroon wrapped Oliva is a wonderful nutty and woodsy smoke. The Nicaraguan Habano filler gives it a rich, slightly spicy, medium body profile. I give this cigar a straight up 5 on my strength scale.

The Kapittal Blond Ale is the first one up to tangle with the 7 x 50 woodsy Oliva Cameroon. (the Tiger Woods story is not influencing me to use the word – “woodsy” and blond in the same sentence) The ale has an attractive light burnt orange look. The beer has some sediment floating in this one and that probably helps to make it a little hazier looking as well. The Kapittal has a slight spice and fruitiness galore taste. I think I even taste a little orange at times . The nice sweet honey dipped fruits fills the mouth with the taste of summer time. A good mild-medium body complexity rounds off the edges. This is a nice tasting blond ale; every sip I take it gets even better.

I selected the Oliva to go with this ale because of the flavor profile. The nutty and sweet cedar smoke should pair up well with the sweet fruits and mild spices of the ale. The cigar lights up well and has a perfect draw. I have not had a bad one yet. The burn is even and holds a decent ash.
The sediment is resting on the bottom of the glass as I enjoy this silky smooth blond ale.
Just as I thought, the sweet fruit from the blond ale goes extremely well with the nutty and woodsy cigar. These two can tango. The variety of fruit that I taste from the ale, while I smoke the cigar, is wonderful. Now, I detect a little lemon twist on the tongue as the ale opens up. This cigar has a great nutty flavor and it is even better while I sip on this blond. The nice dry spice profile of the cigar mingles with the delicate spice of the blond for a perfect match.

This is a winner. I want to buy a 12 pack of the Kapittel Blond Ale and a handful of the Oliva Serie ‘G’ cigars and I have the chair ready for that summer day.
I am going to have to taste this Kapittel Blond with the Kapittel Alt tomorrow. From what I remember about the Alt - the tastes are very close but, I think the Alt maybe better. Maybe, it is just the 10% abv!!!
Troubadour Blond
The 6.5% abv Troubadour Blond Ale is next to tangle with the nutty flavor of the Oliva Cameroon Cigar. The nice thing about a Churchill size cigar is that you usually will have time for two beers so, that brings us to the next pairing.

The Troubadour Blond is a mild-medium bodied ale that is not overpowering in taste. It has a pleasing citrus bitterness with a light malt spice profile. As the ale warms, so does the complexity, it is like the hops are starting to wake up. With each sip I enjoy a nice hoppy smell.

The Oliva ‘G’ is a winner with these Belgian Blonds. The ‘G’ brings out some of the light hoppy notes in this ale and a nice creamy yeasty aroma with those slight hops on the nose. I am really enjoying the nutty and light spice flavor from the cigar, making this a great experience.

If you want to get your ‘G’ spot on with a Belgian Blond, I would recommend these pairings. The nuttiness of the cigar goes great with the citrus notes of these blonds. And, the best part is you won’t get hit in the head with a 9 iron.
Maximize your pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment