Friday, August 5, 2011

Scrimshaw: Beer Review


Pilsner Style Beer

12oz bottle
$1.69 a bottle only bought two
Fort Bragg, California, USA
Northcoast Brewing Company

Appearance: a nice white head sits on top of a brassy-golden color body.  Some foamy lacing and there is a thin layer of head floating atop the beer.  A deeper body color than I would expect for a pilsner.

Aroma: not much, slight B.O. note, yes to me a faint body odor but, it is not a bad one.  The second bottle was more yeasty and doughy like on the nose.

Flavors and Mouthfeel: a touch of malty sweetness on deliver, grainy, fruity, mineral water, with a mild-medium bitter note.  A Fairly crisp and somewhat refreshing pilsner.  Brewer’s yeast lingers on the aftertaste.

Not too often I will do a cigar pairing with a pilsner but, this one I think I will.  There is a nice overall character to this pilsner. 

My Strength Rating: 3.5

Visit CigarPostings for the cigar pairing


No comments:

Post a Comment