Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Atwater Double Down Imperial Amber Ale: Review

Atwater Block Brewery
Detroit, Michigan, USA


7.5% abv
90 IBUs
4 pack of 12 oz bottles
$10.99

Appearance: muddy brown body with a half-finger tan head that leaves some spotty lacing


Aroma: I can smell the rich malty aroma just popping the cap to the bottle; rich malty Amber Ale notes; toasted caramel, almost molasses like, grains, just a hint of hops

Flavors/Mouthfeel: big rich malts on the palate; toasted caramel, burnt sugars; firm yet moderate bittering from the hops; medium-full feel on the palate; low carbonation; flavor notes not all that discernable


To the Point: I am not a fan of Amber Ales but, I sure like this one;  if you want an Amber Ale that is a little bolder and richer if flavor and mouthfeel, well this is for you; I would buy this again; if I was going to give this a grade … I’ll say … B/B-


No comments:

Post a Comment