Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bohemia Regent Prezident: Review

Svetly Special
Czech Beer
Bohemia Regent
Trebon, Czech Republic
6% abv
16.9oz
500ml
1pt .9oz bottle
3 bucks

I’ll bet this bottle is old.  I can’t find a date on the bottle or label.

Appearance: somewhat hazy maze color that poured a whopping ½ finger head with an aggressive pour and that was gone by the time the bottle hit the table

Aroma: grainy, very lager like, not Czech lager like (interesting), sweet bread

Flavors: earthy grains, fruity – reminding me of an apricot/orange blend, smooth carbonation, smooth feel,

To the Point: I would like to taste this beer knowing the age; if this is old – I am impressed and I’ll bet when it’s fresh it is very good.  If this is ‘fresh’ it is pretty good.  But, I got it for the bottle cap to put on my wall up north – only 38 caps to go to have 600 different caps around the stud work on my shed door.  


No comments:

Post a Comment