Monday, December 8, 2014

Sierra Nevada Boomerang IPA Review

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Chico, California, USA


6.7% abv
12oz bottle
$15.00 for a 12 pack sampler

Here is one that I have never had from Sierra Nevada.  Matter of fact I have never heard of it.    

Appearance: bright; lightly misty golden yellow body with a two finger white head with plenty of sticky lacing on the glass. 


Aroma: a big floral note hits the nose

Flavors: flavors seem kind of muddled together; I don’t notice one flavor standing out from the other; dirty lemon meat; maybe an orange blossom for the floral note; light fruity note underneath – nothing specific; there is a sharp bitter note;

Mouthfeel: comes across medium body; sharp bitter note on the mid and late; dry finish; fine carbonation;

To the Point: okay to good; nothing special; I don’t find a note to hang my hat on; I found out why I have never heard of this one – this is the first brewing of this IPA.  I can’t say I would buy a six pack of this ale.


No comments:

Post a Comment