Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Shorts Brewing Freedom 78: Review - Almost

Short’s Brewing
Elk Rapids, Michigan, USA


A collaboration with Half Acre Beer Company, Chicago
Pure Guava IPA

Oh, God this is one nasty tasting ale.  242 reviews on Beer Advocate and it has a 91 rating.  They are nuts.  This ale tastes like cat piss.  I have never had cat piss but, I know what it smells like (guava) from cleaning a cat litter box.  Actually, cat pee was a tasting note with some white wines.  Since, ‘cat pee’ does not sound appealing (no kidding) they changed that tasting note to ‘guava’.  This beer smells like a guava bomb and the taste is guava.  It is cat piss.  I just cannot get past the guava taste. 


I bought a six pack of this crap and I do not want to open another bottle after trying one.  Damn I wish I did a review on that one bottle.  I will get brave and do a full review and post then. 


If you are brave – give it a try – just remember I warned you. Pure 'cat pee' IPA


No comments:

Post a Comment