Friday, June 1, 2012

Hamm’s Beer Review



Hamm’s Brewing Company
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
1-800-645-5376
Wow, an 800 number.  Let me call that number to see what is happening at Hamm’s.  How about a web site so I can see that old dancing polar beer. 

$8.00 and some change for a 12 pack.

I have not seen Hamm’s in a long, long time.  I did not even know it was still on the market.  Here it is at the local grocery store in Port Austin, Michigan.  So, I had to buy it. 

Let’s do a review on the Hamm’s

Appearance: white background with red lettering for the name Hamm’s with gold trim and a blue band on the bottom of the can.

Nose: wet beer can lid

Flavors: crisp grains, grassy hops, and ‘the purest water.’

Mouthfeel: fine carbonation, refreshing, crisp, void of any real flavors,

Now in a glass:

Appearance: bright pale yellow lager, one shade over from water,

Nose: okay, the can lid smelled like something at least,

Flavors: wet grains and grassy hops,

Mouthfeel: fine carbonation, refreshing, crisp, and yes – void of any real flavors.

To the Point: This might be the go to beer for a hot summer day while playing games or fishing.  I think it is better than most other adjunct beers.  I would order this before a Miller or Bud and I grew up on Miller High Life.  The Hamm’s does not have that nasty sweet taste that Miller has.   This is going to be my go session beer for the summer.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent beer for $10 bucks a 30 pack.. here in Wisconsin.. great for camping or hanging around a campfire.. prefer Hamms over Miller or Bud.. plus alot cheaper..

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the land of sky-blue waters! This beer is my family favorite because of the classic look and taste. On top of everything else, it's super cheap, 11$ for a 30 pack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just remember this beer being around when I was a little girl.Was just intrested to see it was still around.

    ReplyDelete