Thursday, January 30, 2014

Flying Dog Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout: Review

Flying Dog Brewery
Frederick, Maryland, USA


5.5% abv
12 bottle
I think it is around 10 bucks a six pack
Brewed with Rappahannock River Oysters
Proceeds Benefit Chesapeake Bay Oyster Restoration

Appearance: black body with a thin tan head; not much on the lacing front


Aroma: a light bouquet overall; toasted notes of grains and coffee; sea salt; the nose is a tad better as it warms

Dress me up in that outfit and I'll bite you

Flavors: the light roasted notes follow the aroma; the sea salt and mineral tone swirl around the roasted notes on the mid palate;

Mouthfeel: moderate fizzy feel; salty on the mid and finish; light bitterness on the back; light roasted notes; mineral salt on the aftertaste with a roasted bitter note; dry; good balance overall;



To the Point: I just reviewed two oyster stouts this week and I have to say, they are okay in my book; they are interesting in a good way; if you just want something different than your usual stout maybe give an oyster stout a try – I would say buy two single bottles to give it a try before buying a six pack


No comments:

Post a Comment