Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Biere D’Hougoumont: Review

Brewery Ommegang
Cooperstown, New York, USA


Biere De Garde
Ale Aged on Maple and Oak Wood Staves
7.3% abv
1pt 9.4oz bottle
$14.99 a bottle
The Super Fine Wine and Liquor
Canton, Michigan

On their bottle: ‘Pour slowly so as to not disturb the yeast sediment…’

Appearance: deep burnt orange body with a one finger (if that) bone white head that leaves no lacing


Aroma: light toasted grains, caramel, hint of wood (oak)

Flavors: to me the oak wood stands out over the maple wood; nice spicy fruit style; the fruit reminds me of apricot and the spice a light clove

Mouthfeel: fizzy carbonation, dry, medium body, earthy, sticky fruit aftertaste



To the Point: I was really looking forward to this ale; unfortunately it is just good at best to me; the overall aroma is light; the flavors – the fruit did not really do it for me; the spice was okay; the wood was good; this ale just does just really doesn’t do it for me @ 15 bucks a bottle (750ml)


No comments:

Post a Comment