Saturday, December 18, 2010

Pilsner Urquell: Review

Plzen, Czech Republic
4.4% abv
12oz bottle
$10.99 a six pack/$1.83 btl

The beer pours a clear golden color with a nice looking white head. The aroma is grainy but, overall clean. The taste is not what I remember. Okay, it has been years – well – decades since I have had this beer. Right off the bat I notice that the texture is smooth and fairly crisp. Is this being brewed in Canada now

The taste is grainy, like the nose, along with a touch of citrus on the back of the palate. There is a nice touch of pink peppercorn. Wow, fresh tasting – I remember this as a skunky metallic tasting beer.

This is a very easy drinking pilsner that is crisp, fresh, and drinkable on a summer day or to drink when you need to take a break from great tasty beer.

As far as pilsners go this is pretty tasty. I would pick this up before a Miller, Molson or other grocery store pilsner or lager.

Please leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment