Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Samuel Adams White Christmas: Review


Limited Release
Ale Brewed with Spices
Cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange peel
5.8% abv

Appearance: cloudy and slightly burnt orange body with a good snow white head that leaves some nice lacing on the glass.

Aroma: dash of allspice, wheat, and light orange meat

Flavors: dose of wheat with nutmeg on the delivery, orange peel and cinnamon on the mid and finish. 

Mouthfeel: little stiff and dry, yet smooth … might be my palate … low to very low carbonation; mild-medium in weight and medium in flavors.

To the Point: if you like a holiday wheat ale with brown spice … this should be for you.  I might serve this with my allspice apple pork tenderloin on Christmas.  For me I can only handle drinking maybe one of these.  My wife likes these winter ales with brown spice. 

My Strength Rating: 4.5 – the flavors keep it in the medium range.


No comments:

Post a Comment