Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Henry Weinhard’s Redwood Flats Amber: Review


‘Brewed with cascade hops from the 44th latitude'
Blitz-Weinhard Brewing Co.
Hood River, Oregon, USA
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
5.2% abv

Appearance: copperish-amber body with an off-white head

Aroma: very light, maybe dry toasted white bread, I really don’t get anything else

Flavors: lightly toasted caramel malt, herbal biscuit, hint of a floral note

To the Point: a below average Amber Ale to me; as a beer it’s average and average is not always a bad thing, for one it is easy to drink.  I say below average for an Amber Ale because it is too light on the nose and tastes like a pilsner or lager with a hint of flavor.  Hey Bud and Miller drinkers, try this beer, you should love this stuff.  If I was playing cards and smoking stogies … this could work. 

I reviewed their Private Res and this one … and I sampled their IPA at a bar … one sip of that IPA and I said no way I am drinking this ‘crap’.  I really disliked their Private Reserve.  


No comments:

Post a Comment