Thursday, April 17, 2014

Scaldis Blond Triple Ale Review

Brasserie Dubuisson
Papaix, Belgium


10.5% abv
750ml bottle
I think it cost me $35 @ Ashley’s of Westland

It is always interesting to me that a 750ml bottle of ale is gone before I know it and a bottle of wine would take me all day (okay night) to drink it. 

Appearance: a misty golden glow to the body with a big white head; leaves spotty lacing


Aroma: the nose will be muted when cold; allow this ale to warm up; musty; very light sweet floral note; the overall bouquet is delicate

Flavors: orange blossom; summer fruit, like yellow peach and white pear; dry hops; light bitterness with a light sour mash; light dash of alcohol pepper feel on the back; as it opens a musty white pepper comes into play;

Mouthfeel: super fine fizzy carbonation keeps it lively and giving it a semi-creamy feel; smooth; dry; light bitterness; medium body; lingering tart fruit; be careful – for the alcohol does not really stand out; yes it does have a champagne like feel on the palate


To the Point: this is a very pleasing ale to drink; not super complex at first but as it opens builds in complexity; has some interesting notes; has an elegant style – champagne like; and wow I am now starting to feel the alcohol;

Would I buy this again?  Depending on the price.  35 bucks for this bottle is too much in my opinion but, that was from a bar; under 20 dollars – I would buy it again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment