Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Gosser – Bierjue – Zaibo - 3 beer review

Here are three interesting beers.

Gosser is from Austria and comes in a green bottle. I know what is coming here. It is one of those green bottle beers – right. Aroma – yes – green bottle style smell. Taste: not too far off from a Heineken type beer. Not that big of a metallic taste. Not bad overall. But, nothing special either. I’d pass on this beer.

Bierjue is from Lithuania and brewed by Rinkuskiai. I am looking forward to trying this dark ale. The aroma is very malty sweet. The pour produces a caramel colored body and a very weak head. The first sip says – yikes! What the hell was that? Another sip and yes it has a nasty caramel sweetness that I just cannot do. I tried a few more sips and then I was off to the flower garden to water the plants with this one. Don’t do it!

Zaibo Extreme Strong Beer is next. Another Lithuanian beer brewed by Rinkuskiai. Another pour that produces a weak head. The aroma is light in the malts. Another caramel sweet tasting malt beer that has little carbonation. The taste is very uninspiring. Malty sweet caramel and not much else going on. It is a little more drinkable than the Bierjue beer. Save the money and buy a good beer. I guess I’ll cancel that trip to Lithuania – they can’t make beer! Well, good tasting beer.

The other week when the hard drive crashed - these three pictures were among the casualties.

No comments:

Post a Comment