Friday, August 19, 2011

Frankenmuth Brewery Pilsener: Review


5.25% abv
26 IBUs
12 oz. bottle
$1.69 a bottle at Lager Mill

Over all the years I have been going to the town of Frankenmuth and all the times I have stopped by this brewery I have never had the Pilsener.  So, I am looking forward to having this beer today. 

Appearance: nice golden crystal clear with a fine white head that leaves some lacing. 

Aroma: nice bready and spicy nose.

Flavors: this pilsener has some substance.  Pink peppercorn spice profile with a stone wheat bread undertone.  The German yeast must add a little earthiness to this pilsener.    

Mouthfeel: crisp on deliver and dry on the finish. The dry and slightly spicy finish lingers for a good while for a pilsener. 

This summer I have been converted to this brewery.  In the past (since they re-opened) their beers always seemed to be lacking something.  This year the Red Sky has been absolutely delicious, to me, and their Dunkel was pretty good the last two times I had it.  I have not tried their Hefeweizen this year.  In past years it always seemed to have a big soapy taste.  But, I think I can man up and try it now. 

I am going to put this on my short list of favorite Pilsners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment