Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sierra Nevada Porter Review

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Chico, California, USA


5.6% abv
12oz bottle

Appearance: dark brown body with a bubbly almost two finger tan head

Aroma: mellow dark roasted grains with a hint of baker’s chocolate


Flavors: pretty much like the nose; roasted malts swirl on the palate to remind me of a medium roast coffee; a nice touch of baker’s chocolate on the back and finish

Mouthfeel: moderate-low carbonation; moderate roasted notes; medium medium-full body; fairly simple which is how I like my women I mean my Porters; straight forward roasted malts bringing that coffee and some type of chocolate – I am happy then – a classic porter. 

To the Point: easy drinking Porter; enjoyable on this cold November night; I’ll have to buy a couple of six packs to add to the beer fridge; I have been looking for some Porters over the last month and it is getting hard to find one; I prefer Fuller’s London Porter


No comments:

Post a Comment