Sunday, November 23, 2014

New Holland Beerhive Tripel Review

New Holland Brewing
Holland, Michigan, USA


The High Gravity Series
Ale Brewed with Honey & Ginger
8.47% abv
19 Plato
Vintage 2013
$8.99 1pt 6oz bottle

I have never had this before so, I won’t be able to see how it has aged. 

Appearance: dark golden honey body with a thin off white head that did … nothing;


Aroma: smell like Canada Dry Ginger Ale with a honey backbone;

Flavors: fairly firm ginger spice followed by a somewhat earthy honey note;

Mouthfeel: sweet all around; good ginger spice; mild carbonation; medium body; dirty earthy honey

To the Point: I don’t know if it’s due to its age but, the dirty earthy tone is not hitting me right; I think this honey & ginger idea might work more for a soda than an ale; I don’t think I can finish this bottle the sweetness is getting to me and I have only had about a quarter of this bottle.


No comments:

Post a Comment