Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sleeman Honey Brown: Beer Review


5.2% abv
Sleeman Brewing and Malting Co.
Guelph, Ontario, Canada

I know going into this that this is my least favorite out of this sampler pack but, then I have never had the Sleeman’s Light. 

Appearance: shiny transparent copper color body with a fine white head and nice lacing on the glass.

Aroma: grainy is the best I can come up with.  Very faint whatever you want to call it.

Flavors: grainy herbal water.  Some non-descript sweet malts and there must be some hops involved. 

Mouthfeel: plenty of carbonation, wet, no aftertaste

My Strength Rating: 1 – not much in flavors or mouthfeel.  Just grainy herbal water. 

To the Point: don’t waste your dime on this lager.  Very uninteresting.  I graded the other two so I’ll give this one a C-.  I’ll save the D range and lower for truly nasty tasting beer. 

Don’t look for these Sleemans to be paired with a cigar on my cigar blog.  You can pair their beers with any type of cigar, from very mild to full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment