Monday, December 19, 2011

Shiner Holiday Cheer: Review


Brewed with peaches and pecans
Spoetzl Brewery
Shiner, Texas, USA
Old World Dunkelweizen
12oz bottle


Appearance: rich shiny bronze body with a thin off-white head that leaves very little if any lacing.

Aroma: wow, the glass is an easy foot away from me and I can smell it from here.  The peach really stands out and overpowers any other aromas that it may have. 

Flavors: of course the peach is front and center with some lightly roasted malts and just the right touch of hoppy bitterness (light).

Mouthfeel: smooth delivery, moderate-low carbonation, light bitterness on the finish and aftertaste which is mixed with the peach flavor. 

My Strength Rating: 4 – medium-mild body overall

To the Point: I am not a fan of peach in beer but, this is not all that bad.  I think I could drink a whole bottle.  This should be good with food.  I'll bet that the wife will like this.

I was right she loves it.  I had to go back to the store and buy her more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment