Friday, June 15, 2012

Einbecker Ur-Bock Dunkel: Review


I know this is not a Pilsner or Lager and it is Pils and Lager month but, I have to throw in a little variety here.  


Einbecker Brauhaus AG
Einbeck, Germany
6.5% abv
11.2 oz stubby green bottle

Appearance: deep copper, used penny colored body with a slightly dirty white head that was thin and leaves no lacing on the glass.  With an aggressive pour on the second one the head was closer to a two finger. 


Aroma: oh, the malts are coming through here.  Toasted caramel with a touch of molasses, light rye bread,

Flavors: pretty much like the nose.  Slightly burnt caramel with a hint of molasses, light rye bread and roasted grains. 

Mouthfeel: mild carbonation, lightly burnt malts, just a hint of bitterness on the aftertaste, 


To the Point: I am no Dunkel expert but, I do like one once in a while.  This dunkel is pretty tasty and seems true to its style.  I would buy this again. 

My Strength Rating: 6 – on the light side of medium-full.  Good body and a pleasing aftertaste.  For some reason I want to have a Rubin sandwich with this dunkel.  


No comments:

Post a Comment