Thursday, October 31, 2013

Frankenmuth Christmas Town Ale: Review

Frankenmuth Brewery
Frankenmuth, Michigan, USA


German Style Seasonal Lager
6% abv
27 IBUs
$29.00 a case at the Brewery

I visited the brewery last week for the introduction of the Christmas Town Ale.  The place was packed and a lot of cases were being sold and you got a free Christmas Town 16oz glass with that case.  I only bought a six pack to go.

Appearance: misty dark copper body with a little beige colored head; no lacing


Aroma: sweet toasted malts and a nice brown spice profile

Flavors: sweet toasted malty notes; grains; Christmas brown spice bread with grated orange peel in the mix; the brown spice reminds me of Allspice;

Mouthfeel: low moderate carbonation; light fizzy feel; light brown spice lingers on the palate; light-moderate body for a winter ale;


To the Point: a nice winter ale; I was expecting a little heavier body weight; the first time I tried it I just thought it was okay; after having a couple more since last Thursday – I like it a little more – let me call it pretty good and now I can say that I like it.   I’ll pick up another six to give it another try - 


No comments:

Post a Comment