Sunday, April 25, 2010

Zatec Bright Lager Beer: Review

Brewed by: Zatecky Pivovar in the Czech Republic. This 4.6% abv beer pours a nice looking pale golden color like most lagers and pilsners. When I first opened the bottle I got a nice whiff of mild fresh grains. In the glass it is just a mild pilsner smell – nothing much to it but, it is fresh smelling.

In the book, ‘1001 Beers You Must Try Before You Die,’ there is a bit of a buildup of the Saaz hops and a peppery note. The Saaz hop is not a bittering hop, it is rather mild. There is a nice little herbal taste. Other than that, I say it is a very crisp and clean tasting beer. This is a quality refreshing pilsner with no metallic or skunky taste.

I would buy this again before Pilsner Urquell. At $4.00 a bottle, 500 ml bottle, this would be a good selection for special times. Yes, I would buy this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment