Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blue Point Summer Ale: Review


Blue Point Brewing Company
Patchogue, New York, USA
4.39% abv
16 IBUs
12oz bottle
$1.69 a bottle at Lager Mill in Frankenmuth Michigan
Only bought one bottle

On the bottle: ‘…to be quaffed under a hot summer sun’

Appearance: golden ale with a big white 2 finger head that disappeared before I knew it; little bit of lacing on the glass

Aroma: clean golden ale like, bready,

Flavors and Mouthfeel: crisp, clean, white bread like, light grains that remind me of wheat, refreshing, semi-dry on the mid and finish so the hops are doing their job. There is a lingering tart bite on the aftertaste that is reminding me of lemon rind.  I wish there was a little more carbonation than what I experienced.    

To the Point: okay, not the most interesting ale out there but for a hot summer day this should do the trick.  With these hot summer days we are having I wish I picked up a six pack to see how it will do ‘under a hot summer sun.’  Unfortunately I am drinking this at night.   


No comments:

Post a Comment