Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Woodchuck Hard Cider Granny Smith: Review


Woodchuck Cidery
Middlebury, Vermont, USA
5% abv

This has to be the brand that most of us (me for sure) have tried before or was our first experience trying a hard cider.  I know that I liked it back then.  It was always good for when you wanted something different than a beer.

Appearance: straw

Aroma: dusty cider

Flavors and Mouthfeel: crisp, fairly clean, slightly tart on the mid palate, 

To the Point: seems overly processed, too clean and bright, I guess this would be the adjunct of the hard cider world, I did not think I was going to be able to tell the difference between the ‘hand’ made ciders vs the ‘factory’ ciders and yes I can.  While this cider is refreshing I have to say that I will always look for a ‘better’ cider out there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment