Saturday, July 23, 2011

Konig Ludwig Weissbier: Review


Royal Bavarian Hefe-Weizen
5.5% abv
330ml bottle
$1.99 a bottle
I only bought one
Bavaria, Germany

Three years ago I had my summer fling with this Hefe-Weizen. 

Appearance: creamy Canadian maple color with a nice white head that leaves some lacing on the glass.

Aroma: solid wheat, spice, lemon zip, hint of fruit (banana)

Flavors: good burst of wheat, yeast, sweet grains, dose of clove, squirt of lemon juice, a faint touch of banana on the finish. 

Mouthfeel: mild carbonation leads to a semi-creamy feel, crisp touch, wheat and spice twang on the palate and it lingers on the aftertaste.

My Strength Rating: 6.5 – nice body weight, flavors are firm and linger

To the Point: I always think of this as a classic German Hefe-weissen.  I think I’ll pick up a case for the summer. 

From what I recall is that it paired well with a good cigar.  Tonight I am finishing the glass with a Rocky Patel The Edge Cigar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment