Tuesday, April 22, 2014

New Belgium Snapshot Wheat Beer Review

New Belgium Brewing
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA


5% abv
13 IBUs
Unfiltered Wheat

Appearance: hazy lemon peel body with a one finger white head that does not stay around long; leaves some lacing on the glass


Aroma: fresh wheat; light citrus zip; yeast; light spice; soft and pleasing

Flavors: the coriander stands out to me and is softened by the yeast and wheat; light tart on the finish; this would make a nice ‘sweet/tart’ candy – the sweet wheat with a light tart lemon


Mouthfeel: active carbonation; soft, refreshing; light-medium in body; light yet tart lemon peel on the back


To the Point: this will make for a nice summer beer if we ever get to summer this year; I liked it; I would buy again; I personally think the people on Beer Advocate are a little tough on this one – they gave it an 80; which would be only okay; I’ll give this beer an 85 a solid good but, not outstanding.  


No comments:

Post a Comment