Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Czechvar: Review

Czechvar
AKA: Budweiser Budvar
Premium Czech Lager

5% abv
11.2oz bottle
Best before: 10-18-11
The Brewery B.B.N.P.
Brewery Budweiser
Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic

Appearance: nice rich golden colored body with a white head.  One finger head with a solid pour.

Aroma: faint musty earth, touch of grains

Flavors: Too bad Budweiser does not have half this flavor.  Grassy-herbal mix with earthy grains, dusty malts, and a dirty floral touch.  With that being said, my overall impression is good.  I like this beer.  I had it for two weeks and I was dreading tasting this beer – I was expecting the typical Euro-Metallic taste. 

Mouthfeel: there is a little bitter note the hits the mid-palate and finish once in a while (as the beer warms?).  There is a dryness to the mouthfeel.  The carbonation is low to moderate but, it does have a little zesty style. 

My Strength Rating: 5

I’ll be buying more of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment