Saturday, June 22, 2013

John Henry 3 Lick Spiker Ale: Review

Cold Spring Brewing Company
Cold Spring, Minnesota, USA


9.1% abv
$2.59 bottle from: Lager Mill
12 oz bottle

Appearance: deep dark cola body with a one finger tan head with ok retention


Aroma: smoky and a slight oak note

Flavors: roasted grains, smoky, I can taste those oak chips, light bourbon feel

Mouthfeel: light fine fizzy carbonation, dark notes and smoky, the high abv did not really stand out

To the Point: I only bought one bottle.  I want to try a couple more to figure out two things 1) how much I like this ale and 2) is it really this simple.  It is worthy of a try.  This one was more about the smoky toasted oak flavor than the bourbon.  If it is any different I’ll post an update.    


No comments:

Post a Comment