Sunday, July 22, 2012

Unertl WeiBbier aka: Unertl Weissbier: Review


Spezial-WeiBbierbrauerei

Unertl GmbH
Haag, Bavaria, Germany
1pt .9oz bottle
$3.79 from the Lager Mill in Frankenmuth Michigan
4.8% abv

Appearance: brown body – let me call it ‘brown bottle’; off white head

Aroma: grainy nose and what do they use to make this … Wheat and Barley Malts. Lightly sweet from the malts.

Flavors: a semi-creamy sweet caramelized malt, sweet earthy grains, hops are helping with the balancing act for it is not overly sweet, nice touch of fruit … I just call it banana like I have seen in so many reviews.  But, if I had to say what type of fruit – I would say it is like taking a big bite of a fig and a little bite of a yellow banana and a spoonful of oatmeal.  To me the focus is on the grains. 

Try this beer and leave a comment or your personal review.


Mouthfeel: low-moderate carbonation, semi-creamy feel,

To the Point:  Personally, I like this beer.  I’ll be buying more. 

I paired this with a Padilla Brown Bear Cigar.  This was a very enjoyable pairing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment