Tuesday, June 8, 2010

How This All Started


A couple of years ago I started nailing beer bottle caps on the two by four studs around my shed door. Last summer when a friend stopped by he asked if I kept track of the different beers that were on the studs. I said, ‘no.’ He said, ‘how do you know if you liked one or disliked and what did each one taste like.’ Good idea.

Then, one day I was drinking some Belgian beers imported by Global Beer Network. I saw their web site on the six pack packaging so, I went to their web site. I found an article written about cigars and Belgian beers. I then wrote an article about cigar and beer pairing and sent it to them to use. A few months later they got a hold of me and asked if I would write a few articles for their upcoming blog. I then started writing some cigar and Belgian beer pairing articles and they used a few of my articles.

I then started writing notes on other beer and cigar pairings and thought, ‘why don’t I start my own blog.’ So, I did. I started a blog about cigar and beverage pairings because I also like to drink wine.

I eventually made three different blogs. One blog for just wine reviews then, another for beer reviews. I was reviewing beers and wines that I did not want to pair up with cigars so, why not post these on a separate blog.

I had three blogspots titled: WinePostings.blogspot.com, BeerPostings.blogspot.com, and CigarPostings.blogspot.com. I then thought I would get fancy and make them a ‘custom domain,’ meaning I would lose the .blogspot.com and just have a .com (ex. BeerPostings.com). Boy that was a mistake. After paying google $30.00 for this I could not get them to work. I guess I don’t have the techno savvy to do the work to make these sites work. And, they don’t have any real help to explain this and they don’t ever respond to requests for help.

So, I give up on that .com idea and I am back to getting my .blogspots going again under the names of: WinePostings2.blogspot.com, BeerPostings2.blogspot.com, and CigarPostings2.blogspot.com. I just wish Blogger would help me to get my old blogspot names back but, they don’t ever respond to my requests for help either.

I will continue to use these sites. Maybe, when I get back to work in a few weeks I might find a techie to help me with that .com site one more time. If it ends up working I’ll inform any followers of these sites to then go to the new sites.

But, I am ready to get back to blogging about beer, wine, and cigars.

No comments:

Post a Comment