Saturday, April 2, 2011

April is Hops Deficiency Month and April 30th is Hops Deficiency Day


This year I am proclaiming the month of April “Hops Deficiency Month” and the last Saturday of the month “Hops Deficiency Day.”

Last year, I made the last Saturday of the month (April 24, 2010) Hops Deficiency Day.  For me it was a day to prepare some food cooked in beer, then drink some beer and pair up a good cigar to boot.  Please do this at home and then you do not have to drive. 

The main idea here is not to drink that yellow pissy water stuff they call beer but, to drink IPA’s, Pale Ales, and other hoppy type beers.  Sorry, Millers triple hopped beer is not a qualifier – triple hopped my ass.  Maybe, five pounds of cane sugar per six pack but, triple hopped – makes me laugh. 

So, for the month of April this year I am going to focus on reviewing ‘hoppy’ beers.
On the last Saturday of the month, April 30th, I will have a full menu planned for “Hops Deficiency Day.” 


Beers to be reviewed this month
Nemesis by Founders Brewing
Bell’s The Oracle DIPA Ale
Dragonmead Crown Jewels IPA
Others TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment