Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Bruery Mischief Review

The Bruery
Placentia, California, USA


8.5% abv
1pt 9.4oz bottle
$9.99 a bottle
Belgian Strong Pale Ale
Unfiltered
I wish they dated their bottles

I reviewed a few beers from this brewery in the last couple of months and I really enjoyed them.  I enjoyed them so much I have purchased more of the ones that I have reviewed and while I was there I picked up a couple of new ones to me.  This Brewery is fast becoming my favorite brewery. 

Appearance: a misty golden glow to the body with a one finger white head; not much on the lacing front; the second glass had a cloud appearance


Aroma: moderate note of lemon peel; hint of sweet fruit; fresh yeast

Flavors: summertime ripe and sweet muskmelon; lemon meat; lemon grass; fresh baked buttermilk biscuit;

Mouthfeel: flavors are very bright; the carbonation has a fine lively feel; medium body; medium-light bitterness mixed with a pleasing hint of sweetness; crisp up front; dry on the back; light citrus bitterness lingers giving it a soft pink peppercorn feel

This beer was so crisp and fresh that it made me think
of my new favorite female poker player Lily Kiletto
Pair with shellfish, grilled Italian chicken breast; whitefish; and I did pair it with an Indian Tabac Maduro Cigar and it was pleasing 

To the Point: with 1,150 reviews on Beer Advocate it scored an 89 and that is what I was thinking a solid B+; I would buy this again; one day I will find a beer from this brewery that I don’t like but, it was not today; they are 5 for 5 for the beers that I have reviewed and ‘really’ liked; I am going to buy more of this one and do a dinner pairing review 



No comments:

Post a Comment