Thursday, August 29, 2013

Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Aventinus: Review

G. Schneider & Sohn
Germany


Germany’s Original Wheat-Doppelbock Ale
8.2% abv
1pt .9oz bottle
$3.99 a bottle

When I saw Tap 6 on the label I thought they had a new version of my favorite Aventinus.  I looked it up and no it is not a new version just new labeling.  The best thing to me is the new price … it was only 4 bucks.  It was running around 5.50 for a bottle.  The first review of this beer was back in 2010.


Appearance: brown caramel body with a two finger bone white head that stays around a ½ finger till I finished the glass …. Little spot of lacing here or there

Aroma: rich malts; light toasted sweet caramel and fresh wheat front and center or is it the scents of banana, candied dark fruit, hint of clove - front and center; which-ever … it is great, very solid complexity; here is the best part … the aroma only gets better with each sip


Flavors: the flavor reminds me of dark spice fruit bread; dark bread, yeast, sweet golden raisin, and a faint touch of clove swirling around; there is a little sweet red banana bubble gum on the back of the palate

Mouthfeel: smooth, creamy, low to no carbonation, medium-full body, very complex on the nose and complex on the palate


To the Point: this is one great beer.  Years ago when I had it for the first time (the beer) … it was love at first sip.  


No comments:

Post a Comment