Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hawaiian Blue Marlin Dinner

Westborn Market in Livonia
$20.00 a pound
 
Used lime olive oil

I picked up a few filets the other week and this was one fine tasting fish.  I think it may be a new favorite in my book.  

Added fresh pineapple chunks
It has a firm texture.  Mild in body; and seemed to have a light citrus note.  

a fresh pineapple ring with some raspberries and asiago bread
I picked up a pound of the Blue Marlin and I prepared the fish in a pineapple coconut mango tequila sauce and I add a little ginger and a pinch of alder smoked sea salt.  I was planning to grill the fish but, it was raining so I baked it in the oven for 15 minutes and it was fantastic!


This fish is so good I went back to the store and bought a four pound chunk.


I cut the fish into 8 oz filets and put them in the freezer for future dinners.


Okay, it is so damn good I made another dinner with the Blue Marlin. I cut a slice of eggplant and added a little caramel syrup, bourbon vanilla extract and a slice of brie. I used the same pineapple mango sauce on the fish. 


You can bake, pan fry or grill this fish




No comments:

Post a Comment