Saturday, March 6, 2010

Frankenmuth Michigan has two good Micro Breweries to Stop By

Frankenmuth Michigan

I stopped by the Bavarian Inn Restaurant and had a Plank Hefeweizen beer. They have about 21 different bottled German beers to select from.


Then, I made my way to the Frankenmuth Brewery to enjoy a couple of different beers. My wife had the hefeweissen and I had their porter and English IPA. I did pick up a big bottle of Holiday Stout which I’ll be reviewing sometime soon. When they reopened the Frankenmuth Brewery they went with the non-smoking environment so, I did not stay to long.

The word is they have been fighting to stay open - I think they are seeing the impact of the non-smoking environment. I would put money on it that if they reopened with a smoking environment they would be doing a little more business - but, that is their business! I know I had a few opportunities to stop by but went elsewhere so I could enjoy a fine cigar and brew.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to find where they are selling their beers in the Detroit area. Then I don't have to drive so far to get a taste of Frankenmuth. We just missed each other then, I was there on Thursday night and Friday late afternoon.

    ReplyDelete